I was nominated for this award by Paperback Discovery. Thanks so much! It made my day to get this nomination. 🙂 Please check out her blog. It’s awesome!
Paperback Discovery’s Questions
1. What is your all-time favourite book?
Do I really have to pick just one? It’s so hard lol. It’s like asking me to pick a favorite child. I’m just going to go with my favorite book from my favorite series, so it’s Ashes of Honor by Seanan McGuire.
2. Name a book you have always wanted to read but never gotten around to?
I have a lot of books I haven’t gotten around to reading yet. One that has been sitting on my bookshelf for a long time is Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.
3. How many books are on your bookshelf and how many of them have you actually read?
I have too many too count, so I would estimate about 400. I’ve probably read about 150 of them. Some of the ones I haven’t read I’ll probably never read, but I keep them just in case the mood strikes me.
4. Who is your favourite author?
It’s a toss up between Seanan McGuire and Ilona Andrews. They’re both extremely talented, and I’ve reread their books many times.
5. Do you prefer books written in first person or third person?
Either is okay with me, but if I had to pick one I’d say third.
6. If you could say one thing to this author, what would it be?
Thank you for bringing so much enjoyment into my life!
7. If you could write your own story, what would it be about?
It would be about mental illness and how people struggle with it. Beyond that I have no clue how the story would go, which is why I’m a reader not a writer.
8. What is the name of your favourite least well-known author on your book shelf? Link to their book on Amazon so that other people can find it.
9. Hard-copy book or ebook?
Both are good, but ebooks are definitely preferred.
10. We all have friends who don’t like to read. What is one thing you would say to them to get them to change their minds?
Reading will cure your boredom.
11. Do you judge books by their covers?
Absolutely! I’d love to say I’m not superficial and covers don’t matter but they do. An eye catching cover is the first thing people notice about a book. I won’t read a book solely based on the cover, but I’m way more likely to read the synopsis if it has a cool cover. Most of my favorite books have covers that are okay. It’s actually rare to find a book with a beautiful cover that has beautiful story to match it.
1. I started this blog as a project for a class, and once the class was done, I decided to use it for book reviews.
2. I love road trips.
3. My name is Kira.
4. I have an amazing metabolism. I’m one of those lucky women who doesn’t have to diet or exercise to stay skinny.
5. I have been to 63 concerts. All of them were for rock bands except for about 3 of them.
6. I have a bachelors and a masters degree.
7. I am afraid of flying. I have flown many times, and repeat exposure has not lessened my fear.
8. I really want to go to Seattle.
9. I don’t like coffee. I love the smell but can’t stand the taste.
10. I have insomnia, and there are times where I feel like I would sell my soul to get some sleep.
11. I like listening to music while reading.
A couple of these had slightly over 200 followers, but I figured it was close enough.
My Questions for You
1. What is your favorite genre?
2. Do you prefer to read a series or standalone books?
3. Physical book or ebook?
4. Who is your favorite author?
5. Are there any tropes you loathe?
6. Are there any tropes you enjoy?
7. Are there any underrated authors or books you would like other people to know about?
8. How many books do you usually read in a year?
9. Why did you start your blog?
10. Are there any authors whose books you avidly avoid?
11. Do you feel compelled to complete a book or a series or do you give up on it if you don’t like it?