Rating: 5 stars
Series: The Veil Series #5
Pippa DaCosta is extremely talented. Every book in this series was a page turner. Ties that Bind was the final book in the series, and it did not disappoint. I can’t say anything about the plot. There isn’t a way to describe it without giving away some major plot points.
My emotions were all over the place while reading this. Tensions were high in several scenes. DaCosta is the master of writing manipulative characters. Those characters aren’t necessarily bad. Sometimes those manipulative abilities are used for the greater good, but it is nearly impossible until after an event has happened to know if they were really doing the right thing or not.
What I didn’t like:
- Although some bad characters were punished, they didn’t suffer enough for their crimes.
- Muse didn’t get enough page time with the HEA.
- All sorts of things could have been possible with the new character, but since this was the last book, there wasn’t time for his true potential to develop. Nonetheless he was a great addition to the series.
- This was the last book. Sure all of the various storylines were wrapped up and nicely at that, but I’ll miss these characters greatly.
What I liked:
- A new entertaining and unpredictable character was introduced.
- Lots of craziness ensued!
- I was very happy with the HEA.
- One character who must remain nameless surprised me in a good way.
- Loved the ending especially the epilogue!